The Microtransat Challenge
Boat Details - Gokhan Sozmen 2017
- Team Name: Gokhan Sozmen
- Location: Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
- Boat Names: Chipper
- Intended Route: West to East
- Class: Sailing
- Division: Autonomous
- Weight: 115 kg
- Length: 3.75 m
- Beam: 0.78 m
- Draft: 1.5 m
- Hull type: Modified aluminium kayak hull with structural enhancements and sealed flotation chambers.
- Rig Design: Wing sail built from carbon fibre mast and ribs with a dacron cover.
- Power source: 2X Blue Top 34M marine batteries,2x 140W solar panels
- Actuators: 12V automobile steering motor coupled to a worm gear box.
- Sensors: 3D compass, GPS, ultrasonic anemometer, temperature sensor and leakage sensor.
- Communications: Iridium transcieve and AIS receiver.
- Computers: 2X LD100 (ARM-M3 based) instrumentation single board computers and a BeagleBoard Black navigation and system supervisor computer.