The Microtransat Challenge
Boat Details - UCI 2017
- Team Name: UCI Autonomous Boat
- Location: University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
- Boat Name: Designated Driver
- Intended Route: West to East
- Class: Non-Sailing
- Division: Autonomous
- Length: 3.51 m overall, 1.67 m at waterline
- Weight: approx 220 kg
- Beam: ?? m
- Draft: 0.45 m
- Hull type: Based on the empty hull from a mini jetski.
- Power source: Diesel-electric and solar power.
- Actuators: Hitec HS5646WP waterproof servo for rudder control and 20 RPM brushless motor driving a worm gear for sail control.
- Sensors: GPS receiver
- Communications: Rockblock MK2
- Computers: Raspberry Pi