The Microtransat Challenge
Boat Details - Zephyr 2017
- Team Name: Zephyr Transat
- Location: Tehachapi, California, United States
- Boat Name: Zephyr and Joyce Gibbons (2 boats)
- Intended Route: West to East
- Class: Sailing
- Division: Autonomous
- Length: 3.7 m (Zephyr) and 1m (Joyce Gibbons)
- Weight: 200 kg (Zephyr) and 10 kg (Joyce Gibbons)
- Beam: 1 m (Zephyr) and 0.5m (Joyce Gibbons)
- Draft: 1m (Zephyr) and 0.5 m (Joyce Gibbons)
- Hull type: Zephyr is a 12 Millimeter class hull. Joyce Gibbons a custom design wood/fibreglass hull.
- Rig Design: Zephyr single standing sail on free standing rotating mast. Joyce Gibbons single free mast with driving and steering sail.
- Power source: Zephyr: 12V 60AH AGM lead-acid batteries, 4x20 watt 12V solar panels. Joyce Gibbons: 2x 4.2V 6AH Lithium Ion batteries, 2x 6V 530mA solar panel.
- Actuators: Zephyr: Joyce Gibbons: Servocity servo
- Sensors: Adafruit BNO-055 accelerometer/compass/gyro sensor, GP-20U7 GPS. Zephyr also has a EM-TRAK Marine Electronics Class B AIS.
- Communications: RockBlock Mk2
- Computers: Protostack ATMega1284 board