The Microtransat Challenge
Boat Details - ENSTA Bretagne 2011
- Team Name: ENSTA Bretagne
- Location: Brest, France
- Boat Name: Breizh Spirit DCNS
- Length: 1.4m
- Weight: 13kg
- Beam: 0.55m
- Draft: 0.6m
- Hull type: Built from closed cell foam and glass-epoxy.
- Rig Design: A classical bermudan rig mainsail and boomed jib. Reinforced for the Atlantic crossing.
- Power source: Lead Acid battery and Solar panels
- Actuators: Hitech and Futaba servos.
- Communications: SPOT Satellite Messenger.
- Computers: PIC 18F Microcontroller