The Microtransat Challenge
Boat Details - US Naval Academy 2015
- Team Name: United States Naval Academy
- Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States
- Boat Name: ABoat Time
- Intended Route: West to East
- Length: 1.2 m
- Weight: 18 kg
- Beam: 0.35 m
- Draft: 0.41 m
- Hull type: Polyester fibre glass hull, with fibre glass coated plywood deck. The hull is a "MaxiMOOP" design custom designed for robotic sailing.
- Rig Design: Free-standing, rotating gaff with fixed boom and gaff.
- Power source: 12v LiFe charged by 12 Watt solar panel, 6v LiPo charged by 3 Watt solar panel.
- Sail type: Battenless Dacron sail.
- Actuators: Hitec HS5646WP waterproof servo for rudder control and 20 RPM brushless motor driving a worm gear for sail control.
- Sensors: Wind direction via a hall effect sensor, 6 DOF Razor IMU for compass, GPS receiver.
- Communications: SmartOne Globalstar Tracker.
- Computers: Arduino Mega Pro 2560t.