The Microtransat Challenge
Boat Details - Epsom College 2018
- Team Name: Epsom College
- Location: Epsom, Surrey, United Kingdom
- Boat Names: That'll Do Two
- Intended Route: East to West
- Class: Non-Sailing
- Division: Autonomous
- Weight: 10 kg
- Length: 1.4 m
- Beam: 0.76 m
- Draft: 0.58 m
- Hull type: A custom designed fiberglass Yacht mono-hull, with dagger-board and a slightly curved top deck for water drainage.
- Power source: 120 Wpeak solar panel, 3x 7 Ah sealed lead acid batteries.
- Motors: Turnigy Waterproof Rudder Servo and Turnigy Brushless Motor for propulsion.
- Sensors: CMPS11 digital compass and UBlox-7 GPS
- Communications: RockBlock Iridium Short Burst Data Modem
- Computers: 3X PIC18F14K22s