Boat Details - Andy Osusky 2019
- Team Name: Andy Osusky
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Boat Name: OpenTransat
- Class: Sailing
- Division: Autonomous
- Intended Route: West to East
- Length: 2 m
- Weight: 47 kg
- Beam: 0.32 m
- Draft: 1.02 m
- Hull type: Carbon Fibre / Kevlar / Fibreglass / foam core monohull
- Rig Design: Free rotating rigid wingsail adjusted by a flap.
- Power source: 12.8V 30Ah LiFePo4 batteries for the main system powered by 6, 24 and 18 Watt peak solar panels. 12.8V 1600mA LiFePo4 and 2x 3W peak solar panels for the wing sail. 3.7V 3000mAh Lithium Polymer backup battery for the tracking system.
- Actuators: Brushless motor with a worm drive (JGY2838) and a magnetic encoder feedback (EMS22A) for rudder control. Waterproofed linear actuator (Actuonix L16-P) with a magnetic encoder feedback (EMS22A) for sail flap control.
- Sensors: MPU9250 with EM7180 sensor fusion co-processor compass, UBlox Neo M8N GPS module, custom made ultrasonic wind sensor and sailwing position sensor (16 Hall effect sensors).
- Communications: Rockblock Iridium SBD modem and SPOT Trace tracker.
- Computers: Custom PCB based on Atmega2560 for control system. Raspberry Pi 3B for taking pictures.
- Other Interesting Things: The design is open source.
More photos can be found in the photo gallery