Boat Details - Phil's Boat 2019/20
- Team Name: Philip Smith
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Boat Name: Phil's Boat
- Intended Route: East to West
- Class: Sailing
- Division: Autonomous
- Length: 85 cm
- Weight: 7 kg
- Beam: 26 cm
- Draft: 30cm
- Hull type: Fibreglass hull with lead fin keel and separate skeg with rudder.
- Rig Design: A single sail with boom, sprung to the centre line of the boat. The sail can rotate fully around the mast.
- Power source: 3 Ah 8.4V Lithium battery and 2x 0.8A solar panels.
- Actuators: KST MS 825 rudder servo, with contactless position sensor and brushless motor. The sail is passively held against the wind by springs.
- Sensors: GPS Neo6 and LSM303DHLC compass.
- Communications: RockBlock
- Computers: Arduino Nano
Note: This boat launch in 2020 but is competing under the 2019 rules.