- Microtransat Wiki on sourceforge (Please contribute if you have anything useful!)
- Pilot charts showing typical currents, winds, temperatures etc.
- The Zero Handed Transatlantic Race - A similar competition proposed in 1988, but which never appears to have taken place.
- The Autonomous Model Yacht Racing Competition - Another competition which attempted to cross the Pacific Ocean in 2004.
- The Sailbot Competition - A competition similar to the Microtransat which took place in Canada in 2006.
- The World Robotic Sailing Championship 2008 - Another similar competition which took place in Austria in May 2008, hosted by the INNOC Microtransat team.
- The 2nd World Robotic Sailing Championships were organised by the University of Porto and took place in Matosinhos, Portugal in July 2009.
- The 3rd World Robotic Sailing Championships and Sailbot 2010 were hosted by Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada in June 2010.
- Sailbot 2008, 2009 and 2011 - Hosted by the US Naval Academy.
- The 4th World Robotic Sailing Championships - Hosted by the University of Lubeck in August 2011.
- Sailbot 2012 hosted by the University of British Columbia and Royal Vancouver Yacht Club in Vancouver, Canada in June 2012.
- The 5th World Robotic Sailing Championships - Hosted by Aberystwyth University and Cardiff Bay Yacht Club, Wales, UK in September 2012.
Microtransat on Social Networks and Blogs
- Breizh Spirit's Facebook Page (In French)
- Pinta's Blog
- Facebook page for Pinta the only robot to enter the 2010 Microtransat.
- Twitter feed for Pinta (posts are identical to those on the Facebook page)
- ASV Roboat's Facebook Page
- Captain Kidd's Robot Sailboat Project Blog
Links to pages by teams who are building sailing robots and who have shown interest in the Microtransat.
- Aberystwyth University, Wales , United Kingdom
- Aberystwyth University student Sailbot team.
- Institut Supérieure de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace (ISAE), Tolouse, France
- The Austrian Association for Innovative Computer Science (INNOC), Vienna, Austria
- University of Porto, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- École nationale supérieure de techniques avancées Bretange (ENSTA-Bretagne), Brest, France
- GPSS and Team Joker, Ascot, United Kingdom
- Team Robotboat, Maryland, USA
- The University of Lubeck, Germany
- The Portencross Boys, Portencross near Glasgow, Scotland
- Students Sail Autonomously, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Windlet, Anacortes, Washington, USA
- The Dutch Robotic Sailing Team, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- The US Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland, USA
- The Magellan Machine, Stockholm, Sweden
- Queens University Mostly Autonomous Sailboat Team, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- SPIN, New Zealand
- Autonomus, Horten/Tønsberg, Norway
- Olin Sailbot Team, Olin College, Boston, USA
- University of British Columbia Sailbot Team, Vancouver, Canada
- Memorical University, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Ecole Navale, Brest, France
- Beoga Beag, Galway, Ireland
- Robots Everywhere, Milan, Italy
- Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Åland Sailing Robots, Åland University of Applied Sciences, Mariehamn, Åland, Finland
Here are just a few of the articles which have been published about the Microtransat and robotic sailing in general.
- BBC News (2012 Article, video available)
- Wired Magazine
- Bateau Magazine (in French)
- New Scientist
- BBC News (2010 Article)
- CKWS Television
- Deutschlandfunk (In German)
- The Times
- Discovery Channel Canada (6 minute video,only viewable in Canada)
- BBC News (2007 Article, video available)
- The Register
- Aberystwyth University Press Release
- Linux Magazine (in German)
- Heise Online (in German)
- New Scientist Technology Blog
- Yachts and Yachting
- Heise Online