A central repository for open source code and hardware designs from Microtransat teams is available on sourceforge, currently this contains code for the Tracksail-AI simulator, the control system to a MOOP (Miniature sailing robot), source code to automate a SPOT messenger, drivers for an Iridium 9601/9602 satellite modem and a live telemetry and route planning system.
All teams are encouraged to contribute to this project with their own code and designs. We hope that making this information available will help to encourage more teams to build boats and for people to contribute new ideas.
A wiki for sharing technical information is also available at http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/microtransat/wiki.
Related Open Source Projects
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your project included on this page.
- Aberystwyth University created a facebook group has been created to discuss and document the design of a small sailing robot.
- The Protei aims to create open source sailing robots for cleaning up oil spills and is publishing all code and designs under an open source license.
- The University of Lübeck have published code for their World Server which was used during the 2011 World Robotic Sailing Championships to exchange and display live data of the positions of all boats.
- The Magellan Machine team have published their robot's control system sourcecode.
- YachtSim, an open source simulator written in C# and based on Tracksail.
- Open Source software and boat designs for the Beoga Beag autonomous sailboat.